Saturday 18 August 2012

Not-really-Frayer Models

I was introduced at a Professional Learning day to the Frayer Model. I got my year 10 students to do it for Congruent and Similar Triangles one day when I was away, so I don't know how successful that was.

Then on Pinterest I saw some great examples with a "Number of the Day" in the centre and different information about the number around the outside. I really liked them. No longer a Frayer Model, I don't know what to call it, possibly a concept map?

I've been using some variations with different classes. I'll have to mark some books in order to get some photos, but here is one from Extension 1 (a student's work) and one from Extension 2 (me jotting down some answers to check theirs as they go):



I've really enjoyed this idea with the seniors. They seemed keen too, and I think when I teach Extension 2 next year I will regularly use this type of this to keep previous topics fresh in their minds as we move on and review prerequisite knowledge at the start of new topics.

No comments:

Post a Comment